2016 - 2017 WPSBA Goals
Encourage increased participation of general membership:
- Ensure we are offering programs and services that support the diverse needs of our school districts, and assess our effectiveness in this regard.
- Implement ambassador program. Board of Directors members will communicate with school boards that are less engaged with WPSBA, attending board meetings, developing stronger relationships, and finding ways to work together to accomplish board and regional objectives.
Enhance internal and external communications:
- Continue to evaluate internal communications and ensure we are conveying messages in a timely, efficient manner.
- Design new website that is accessible, informative and inviting. Research other websites in order to ensure WPSBA website is a regional gateway to data, timely updates, and public education advocacy tools.
- Determine best way to utilize outside services/consultants.
- Collaborate with regional and state organizations and provide a cohesive, targeted message through social media, effective print materials, video, special events, etc.
Expand opportunities to address advocacy issues:
- Continue to ensure advocacy efforts are pro-active and timely.
- Increase efforts to clearly represent, promote and convey regional needs to legislatures and constituent groups.
- Continue to collaborate with organizations that share similar goals, and to support the executive director’s participation in related meetings and activities.
Develop clarity regarding internal governance (roles and responsibilities):
- Undergo bylaws review and revision, reflecting the consensus of the board of directors.