||Encourage increased participation of general membership:
- Ensure we are offering programs and services that support the diverse needs of our school districts, and assess our effectiveness in this regard.
- Form an ambassador outreach committee to visit school boards that are less engaged with WPSBA and/or public education advocacy at least once a year and convey WPSBA’s mission and goals and create a collective call for action.
Enhance internal and external communications:
- Internal Communications: Proactively convey messages in a timely, efficient manner.
- External Communications: Utilize multiple means of communicating key messages and information including social media, effective print materials, video, special events, etc. Explore retaining an outside consultant in this regard.
Expand opportunities to address advocacy issues:
- Develop plan to ensure advocacy efforts are pro-active and timely.
- Identify ways to more clearly represent, promote and convey regional needs to legislatures and constituent groups.
- Continue to collaborate with organizations that share similar goals, and to support the executive director’s participation in related meetings and activities.
Develop clarity regarding internal governance (roles and responsibilities):
- Provide tools to ensure there is clarity around roles and responsibilities, including executive director evaluation and board of directors’ self-evaluation instruments.